05 December 2006

Born Ruffians


What is a Ruffian exactly? I personally wanted to know, so I turned to Wikipedia. Apparently, Ruffian was once an exceptional female racehorse.. disappointing. Then I turned to Princeton, the word “Ruffian” is another term for bully.. after that, I got bored with being a loser and looking at online encyclopedias. I’m not exactly sure what a "Ruffian" is, but I do know that Born Ruffians are an awesome band out of Toronto, and have been a band since 2002. If you’re into the hyper high-pitched vocal bands (think Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Cloud Room, Clor) then you might like Born Ruffians. They’ve just released a six-track EP. It’s an enjoyable 15 minutes; jagged but pleasing guitar riffs, cascading drums, and somewhat simple lyrics. The songs are bouncy, not much varied, but six tracks I could definitely listen to more than a few times.. (maybe scattered throughout the week, not in one day.) I’d give them a try.

MP3: Hedonistic Me
Myspace

-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home