05 April 2007

Lonely Hearts


I'm in Florida now. As you know, I live in New York, and as you would subconsciously know, living in New York means that I have absolutely no tan. Coming to Florida, this deems quite the problem.. My concerns aren't yours though.

Moving onward. You might know Joakim. If Joakim doesn't ring a bell, perhaps you might know him from his other, more ingenious alias, Jimi Bazzouka. Joakim has completed plenty of remixes over the past years- including this one of Air's 'Surfing on a Rocket'. Joakim makes the sport sound so effortless.

MP3: Surfing on a Rocket (Joakim Remix) - Air (YSI)

Continuing to the title of this post, Joakim's Lonely Hearts EP out on Versatile deserves much obsessing over, as it captures that 80's pop electro gist beloved at the moment. Think: The Megatrons meet Clor (who aren't exactly 80's, but still). Lonely Hearts isn't as upbeat or as dancey as you might expect from Joakim. I love the vocals though, as weird as they may be. The Tim Goldsworthy remix has some awesome organ-esque sounds about 2 minutes and 6 minutes in. The dub version is crazy depressing, but in a good way.

MP3: Lonely Hearts (Dub Version) - Joakim (YSI)
MP3: Lovely Hearts (Loving Hand Remix by Tim Goldsworthy) (YSI)

for those of you who want to play around..
MP3: Lonely Hearts (Vocals) - Joakim (YSI)

Get the Lonely Hearts EP at Phonica and Juno.
Get Surfing on a Rocket @ Clone.

-D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these amazing Joakim mixes. I don't know which mix of Lonely Hearts I prefer...they are all awesome. I also like his work with Poni Hoax - who should be huge. Joakim, to me, produces some awesome tracks that are neither pure dance or rock - a very nice balance of both for me as I have always liked both.

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice graphics at the top of your page - appreciated.

4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home