29 April 2007

Sundays sundays sundays

are overhwelmingly boring when the weather is bad. There's only one thing to do.. and that's make a post.


I love live stuff, for a few reasons which I probably have already mentioned in previous posts.. I like live stuff especially when driving home from work at 11:30 at night, because then when I'm driving on a vacant road, I can listen to Dylan crack subtle jokes between songs.. I came across Bob Dylan's 1964 double vinyl live LP, Halloween Mask earlier this week, recorded at NYC's Carnegie Hall. It was released in '88 simultaneously on CD format. Of course- I'm talking about the European version (pictured). The domestic version Halloween Masque was also released in '88 on both formats- with supposedly better sound quality, though I only have the Euro version, so I wouldn't know first hand. Dubbed one of the last live recordings of Dylan pre electric. A few songs near the end of the recording include Joan Baez, amazin'. Enjoy.

MP3: If You Gotta Go, Go Now - Bob Dylan (YSI)
MP3: I Don't Believe You - Bob Dylan (YSI)
MP3: It Ain't Me, Babe - Bob Dylan & Joan Baez (YSI)



Coming back to present, I just got this in the mail a few days ago. My favorite e-mails are from bands that I haven't heard of, that I think are great when listening. One More Grain would be one of those bands. They make weird phycadelia that should be recognized, if you haven't recognized it already. The song titles automatically promote the idea of "There's something a bit different about this band.."

Taken from their April 2nd release, Pigeon English:
MP3: Tropical Mother In Law - One More Grain (YSI)

-D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home