15 August 2007

Don't Be Afraid, You're Already Dead



Quick post. I'm tired. Above is The Salmon Dance video from The Chemical Bros. The video is awesome. First time I've ever seen an animated beatboxing blowfish. If you're super tired and have been up for two days straight (like me), or if you're tripping (like the guy in the video), you've got yourself something to watch.

The Salmon Dance single comes out Sept 10th. on Astralwerks:

MP3: The Salmon Dance (Glimmers Heavily Smoked Mix) - The Chemical Brothers (YSI)
MP3: The Salmon Dance (Herve Remix) - The Chemical Brothers (YSI)


The Dead 60s' Time to Take Sides came out two days ago. The album reminds me of a long awkward Hard-Fi impression. "But I thought they were the band that sounded exacty like The Clash!?" I thought so too. Not sure what happened. Depressing, I know. Here's a sample, own it yourself. Worth a listen.

from Time to Take Sides:
MP3: Start a War - The Dead 60s (YSI)



Something that's not depressing though, is Akron/Family's new album, Love is Simple, which I could listen to for 14 and a half days straight, eating nothing but kashi, drinking nothing but tea, staring only through kaleidoscopes. There are some artists/bands that never let down (Nick Drake, Radiohead). There are a few that let down on rare ocassions (VU). Then there are some that you can never count on. Ever. Akron/Family I'd put somewhere near that Nick Drake/Radiohead/basically timeless category.

from Love is Simple out 9/10 on Young God:
MP3: There's So Many Colors - Akron/Family (YSI)
MP3: Pony's O.G - Akron/Family (YSI)
MP3: Don't Be Afraid, You're Already Dead - Akron/Family (YSI)

-d

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home