05 August 2007

ILLN3SS


New remix from The Teenagers. They've taken Goodbooks' The Illness and made it pretty nice, pretty 80's-solid, and pretty Teenagers-esque. And ill, obviously. I usually think indie bands sound somewhat punchy and disoriented remixed, but Goodbooks always sound pretty cool with a few electro add-ins, sort of like how The Black Ghosts always sound pretty cool remixed. Oh, and the Herve Dub track is pretty sick, especially about 1:20 in, slowly builds up from there.

The Illness (LIMITED EDITION):
MP3: The Illness (The Teenagers Remix) - GoodBooks (YSI)
MP3: The Illness (Hervé Dub) - GoodBooks (YSI)

SOME RANDOM TEENAGERS TRACKS THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE:
MP3: Tiger - The Teenagers (YSI)
MP3: Vodka - The Teenagers (YSI)



Two weeks or so ago I had a listen to Goodbooks' single Passchendaele. For those of you who aren't human history references (pffsh, losers), Passchendaele was sort of a sub-war that took place during WWI. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to pronouncing the song title/"war", but as far as describing the song itself I can tell you that it's pleasing, and worth your eartime. Goodbooks are almost too pop-y for me (Think Kooks, Pigeon Detectives, etc.). If anything you can at least learn about WWI. I remember when I was in like, 10th grade, I used to make my History teacher mix CDs of bands that had to do with history. EX: Louis XIV, Franz. I was such a cool 10th grader.

Passchendaele 7"
MP3: Passchendaele - GoodBooks (YSI)

Passchendaele 7" B-Side (which I enjoy better):
MP3: Hiding Away - GoodBooks (YSI)

Get GoodBooks stuff here. Teenager's new single here. Pure Groove Records-new favorite.

-D

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger GSB said...

Good God! Thank you for the Teenagers tracks!!!! They're kinda my fave thing this year. So glad others are becoming big fans as well....

Nice blog by the way!

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home