09 October 2007

As I sit here and wait for LP7


I suppose I can tell you about the new Bangers & Cash EP from Spank Rock and Benny Blanco. Albums that have ALL explicit track titles are defnitely worth some kind of listen, even if it's only a half-hearted one. It's always sort of cool to rap along with songs ( i.e. Pu$$y, B-O-O-T-A-Y, and Bitch!) that you can feel lyrically eminent about.

MP3: B-O-O-T-A-Y - Spank Rock and Benny Blanco (YSI)
MP3: Pu$$y - Spank Rock and Benny Blanco (YSI)



Since I've lately been stuck in an old school rap sort of aura, here's some old school rap classics.

MP3: Jump Around - House of Pain (YSI)
MP3: The Message - Grandmaster Flash (YSI)
MP3: Return Of The Biz Dance - Biz Markie (YSI)
MP3: Freaks Come Out At Night - Whodini (YSI)

Biz Markie's Goin' Off is such a good album.



And then, since I've also been somewhat stuck in an old school dance/electro/funk sort of aura specifically tracks from The Egyptian Lover (slighty thanks to Andrew Weatherall's Fabric 19) here's some stuff from the 1986 Freak-A-Holic / Living On The Nile 12". The tracks are ripped from vinyl, crackling is normal. The extended version of Freak-A-Holic is incredible. But I can't give you that, because then I'd be giving you every track on the 12".

MP3: Freak-A-Holic (Radio) - The Egyptian Lover (YSI)
MP3: Livin' On The Nile (Extended Club Remix) - The Egyptian Lover (YSI)

However, you really should get to owning Fabric 19, because then you can listen to the sped up version ofFreak-A-Holic over and over again in much better quality.

Back to waiting around for In Rainbows. This is so frustrating.

-D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very disappointed with new Radiohead.
Granted, I have never been the biggest fan, but still, it's a ridiculously safe album.

I'm actually really into the new Grizzly Bear EP.
CSS covering Knife is pretty shit - that's my only complaint.

I like new Warp World-Wide signing "Born Ruffians" cover of Knife though.

5:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brotha, dont know you but kudos on the egyptian lover - been searshin for this for a minute now!!

thanks

jon

www.myspace.com/johnnyaftershock

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Could u please repost or send me that egyptian lover livin on the nile ext @ elitemgt1@gmail.com

thanx

5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home