01 November 2007

The best part of this post are the last two mp3s.


I can't sleep. Which means, I must post. I've already watched two movies. (this and this), read 3 chapters of this, and I still feel not in the least bit tired. Maybe drowsy, but not tired. Definitely not tired. So, then. What I've been listening to this week.

MP3: Nude - Radiohead (YSI)
MP3: Debbie - Architecture in Helsinki (YSI)
MP3: Future Reflections - MGMT (YSI)
MP3: Royal Gregory - Holy Fuck (YSI)
MP3: Smithereens - Annie Lennox (YSI)
MP3: Trees Outside The Academy - Thurston Moore (YSI) (picture)

I've been listening to In Rainbows, over and over, still.. as I'm sure everyone on the planet pretty much is. Architecture In Helsinki's Places Like This a whole lot. MGMT's Oracular Spectacular, still, and Holy Fuck's LP. I've especially been listening to Annie Lennox's newest Songs of Mass Destruction, and Thurston Moore's Trees Outside the Academy. All very good albums, all highly reccommended, all worth your while. Also a lot of Sonic Youth's somewhat old stuff in light of Thurston Moore's somewhat new stuff.

Like:
MP3: The Ineffable Me - Sonic Youth (YSI)
from A Thousand Leaves and like:
MP3: No Queen Blues - Sonic Youth (YSI)
from Washing Machine.

And here's a mix tape book by Thurston Moore that I once literally paid 25 dollars for. Not so much a good read.. the cassette artwork is fantastic, however.


Songs that have to do with the word Goodbye. Not that I'm going anywhere after this post besides to bed. This is just another way of proving how uneventful my Thursday nights are..

MP3: Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen (YSI)
MP3: Goodbye Little Darlin' - Johnny Cash (YSI)
MP3: Goodbye? - Grandaddy (YSI)
MP3: Goodbye - Clor (YSI)
MP3: So This Is Goodbye - Junior Boys (YSI)
MP3: How To Say Goodbye - The Magnetic Fields (YSI)
MP3: I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes - Tom Vek (YSI)
MP3: Hello, Goodbye - Beatles (YSI)

By the way, new Magnetic Fields album called Distortion comes out January 08.


I'm posting this next MP3 because in Gus Van Sant's Last Days, (one of the movies I just finished watching if you clicked the link in the beginning of the post) The character Scott puts on Venus in Furs, which is also an interesting book I once read, which also happens to come 7 tracks before:

MP3: The Black Angel's Death Song - The Velvet Underground (YSI)

On the album The Velvet Underground & Nico. I would've posted Venus in Furs if I hadn't already posted it (think I did..). Scott does a horrible job at singing along with Lou Reed's vocals if you've ever seen the movie. If you're bored the Venus in Furs wikipedia entry is pretty interesting.. if you don't have the novel in hand.

And one last thing..


MP3: Strawberries (The Whip Remix) - Asobi Seksu (YSI)
MP3: Strawberries (CSS Remix) - Asobi Seksu (YSI)

I don't understand any of the vocals but I love Asobi Seksu so much right now. Strawberries will be released via two red-vinyl 7"s, a four-track CD, and digitally via UK retailers.

See you tomorrow at the Annex. Unless you're going to see Rogue Wave at Maxwell's. In which case you can still probably make it to the Annex.



-D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha Pumehana. These last two are da best fo sho.

5:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/hipster dance 4 sho

what what.

5:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heritages http://cciworldwide.org/members/Annuity-Calculator.aspx immaculate http://cciworldwide.org/members/Bariatric-Surgery.aspx trtr http://cciworldwide.org/members/Electric-Blankets.aspx glare http://gotuc.net/members/Furnace-Filters/default.aspx prayers http://gotuc.net/members/Vending-Machines/default.aspx barrow http://gotuc.net/members/Kitchen-Cabinets/default.aspx regimes http://gotuc.net/members/Slipcovers/default.aspx sorrow

2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home