18 November 2007

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting


What I've been listening to lately: Portishead and Mazzy Star, specifically Portishead's 1994 debut Dummy and Mazzy Star's 1990 debut She Hangs Brightly. Classic albums if you're anywhere near interested in the Trip Hop/Dream Pop-centric weird 90's obscure sound with girl vocals.. a slightly ambiguous movement of the 90's, which I'm slowly but surely learning about since in 1990 I was actually only 2 years old, impossible to know about She Hangs Brightly then. For something similair I'd check out (if I were you) The Long Blondes, The Jealous Girlfriends, Cat Power, Blonde Redhead, you know, etc.

From 1994's Dummy.
MP3: Sour Times - Portishead (YSI)
MP3: Glory Box - Portishead (YSI)

From 1990's She Hangs Brightly:
MP3: Ride It On - Mazzy Star (YSI)
MP3: Ghost Highway - Mazzy Star (YSI)


So that's what I've been listening to. What I've been watching is The Big Lebowski. Here's what I've been listening to that relates to The Big Lebowski.

MP3: Lujon - Henri Mancini (YSI)
MP3: Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In) - The First Edition (YSI)
MP3: Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt (YSI)
MP3: My Mood Swings - Elvis Costello (YSI)

Okay. Later.
and just because it's Saturday (technically Sunday.. whatever):
MP3:Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night of the Week) - Frank Sinatra (YSI)
MP3: Saturdays - Cut Copy (YSI)
MP3: Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) - The Who (YSI)
A little bit of The Cribs Arigato Cockers goodness:
MP3: Saturday Night Facts Of Life - The Cribs (YSI)

I could do so much with the word Saturday. SO MUCH.
G'night.
-D

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you were watching the big lebowski and havent been listening to any creedence?! also, that movie is great!

11:43 AM

 
Blogger DiscGoIsUm said...

Dude!

12:57 AM

 
Blogger CARA said...

i'm not sure if you already know, but portishead is finally coming out with a new album in april, i think. somewhere around then.

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home