24 December 2007

And, finally


I really tried to avoid posting these, however I couldn't, so here I am giving them to you. (the spirit is frankly too overwhelming this time of year to resist, and let's face it, The Arcade Fire X-mas songs weren't quite top quality) A track from The Who's Tommy, Phil Spector's gift, and Eazy-E's angelic lyrics?! What more could you possibly ask for? Besides the Wii, which by the way, I did get. So then, put the tracks on a memorex and joyfully listen to the following tomorrow as you and your parents lightly sip eggnog.

1. Merry Christmas (I Don't Wanna Fight Tonight) - The Ramones (YSI)
2. Blue Christmas - Elvis (YSI)
3. Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC (YSI)
4. All I Want For Christmass is You - Mariah Carey (YSI)
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - The Ronettes (YSI)
6. Merry Muthafuckin' Xmas - Eazy-E (YSI)
7. The Christmas Song - The Raveonettes (YSI)
8. Christmas Time Is Here Again - The Beatles (YSI)
9. Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (YSI)
10. A Christmas Sighting ('Twas The Night Before Christmas) - C3PO & R2D2 (YSI
11. Zat You Santa Claus? - Louis Armstrong (YSI)
12. Christmas - The Who (YSI)
13. Jesus Is A rock In the Weary Land - Frank Sinatra (YSI)
14. Christmas Bop - T. Rex (YSI)
15. Swingin' Them Jingle Bells - Fats Waller (YSI)

Fats Waller is amazing.


There it is.

Merry christmas, happy ramadan, etc

-D

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic selection! I agree, Fats Waller is amazing :)

Happy Christmas! (Can't wait to get my wii on boxing day, yes!)

1:00 AM

 
Blogger Aizul A. said...

ramadan? w'sup with it man?

9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy holidays Danzie!
is this your last post of 2007, or will we be expecting another fine smorgasbord of tunes?

6:59 AM

 
Blogger fairest said...

Have you heard Fats do "hey, stop kissing my sister"? It was my theme song when my sister hit puberty.

11:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home