06 February 2008

boom


I haven't forgotten about my duties as a blogger, just more or less put them off due to internet-less circumstances (besides the seldom cafe stop, it's been about 2 weeks) I also haven't been doing much lately besides netflixing documentaries (Don't Look Back currently) Including Gimme Shelter which was by far, one of the best I've ever seen- solely because of how crazy the Hell's Angels and Hippies get. As per coming back with a boom, here are the Sonics:


MP3: Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics (YSI)
MP3: Psycho - The Sonics (YSI)
MP3: Maintaining My Cool - The Sonics (YSI)

Ghostland Observatory are a band I've been recently getting very much into. You probably already know about them since they've been around for a while, releasing a few albums including 2006's Paparazzi Lightning. They remind me of a less galaxy-oriented Midnight Juggernauts, or a less new-wave inspired White Rose Movement- electro-rock sort of thing. So-

From Paparazzi Lightning:
MP3: I'll Be Suzy - Ghostland Observatory (YSI)
MP3: Sad Sad City - Ghostland Observatory (YSI)

From delete.delete.i.eat.meat...:
MP3: Over Again - Ghostland Observatory (YSI)
MP3: Black Box - Ghostland Observatory (YSI)


In the 80s/90s, there weren't too many bizarre experimental-psychedelic bands that were popular enough to gain any substantial recognition, besides Lush or Stereolab. Such bands as The Telescopes, Galaxie 500, and Spacemen 3 were all kind of forgotten about. The UK's Shoegazing emergence in the early 80's-early 90' made way for many very similiar- minimalistic type outfits- sans many vocals, overdriven psychedelia, long boring guitar riffs, etc. (Spacemen 3: first picture in the post)

From Spacemen 3's Playing With Fire:
MP3: Honey - Spacemen 3 (YSI)
MP3: Revolution - Spacemen 3 (YSI)

Because I saw The Teenagers last week:
MP3: Selflove - The Teenagers (YSI)

Because I saw The Ssion last week:
MP3: My Life is Beautiful - The Ssion (YSI)
MP3: College - The Ssion (YSI)

Later,
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home