24 October 2008

Think I'm Thinkin' 'Bout


The following few tracks are from a band called Harlem out in Texas. Garage rock via 2008. Click on them for their myspace page and more info. I kind of like it.

MP3: Beautiful & Very Smart - Harlem (YSI)
MP3: Think I'm Thinkin' Bout - Harlem (YSI)

Actually I really like it..


Here's a mini winter mix:
MP3: Cold, Cold Night - White Stripes (YSI)
MP3: Winter Lady - Leonard Cohen (YSI)
MP3: The Throat of Winter - T.Rex (YSI)
MP3: Cold Hands - The Black Lips (YSI)
MP3: Early Morning Cold Taxi - The Who (YSI)
MP3: The Fox In The Snow - Belle & Sebastian (YSI)
MP3: The Freeze - Link Wray (YSI)
MP3: Fallen Snow - Au Revoir Simone (YSI)
MP3: In the Cold I'm Standing - M83 (YSI)
MP3: Abominable Snow - Islands (YSI)



Starflyer 59 have had a number of releases already.. they've made about 10 full length albums prior to now. Was never really that much into them, for no reason I can quite put my finger on. Kind of blasé vocals, easy to listen to. Their newest album Dial M comes out the 28th on Tooth & Nail. Buy it here.

From Dial M:
MP3: Automatic - Starflyer 59 (YSI)
MP3: The Brightest of the Head - Starflyer 59 (YSI)


So I haven't really done much of anything or seen much of anything this week for CMJ. The 40 degree temperature in New York kind of makes you lack the motivation to leave your apartment and hop on the subway for anything. However, I am DJing Ruff Club tonight.. hope it's not that cold.

This is the flier:



Later,
D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad that you have regular posts again. missed finding out new music during that massive post drought.

4:16 PM

 
Blogger Christopher said...

Yay for plugging bands from Texas! :)

In this nature, here's a band from the Dallas/Fort Worth area worth listening to:

http://www.myspace.com/theuptownbums

They're not the best band in the world, but I do enjoy the occasional listen. They're nice guys, too.

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home